Chartered Civil & Structural Engineers
Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd
Data Protection Policy
Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd. needs to collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with us in order to carry out our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether it’s collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
2 Data Controller
Andrew Marlor is the Data Controller, which means that he determines what purposes personal information held will be used for.
Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd. does not intend to share data with other agencies. It will be used for our information, for the purpose of providing an efficient service, and for the preparation of invoices. In a small number of cases, where a sub-contractor is employed to assist with a project, any personal information on drawings will be shared.
However, should there be any legal issues the individual/service user will be made aware, in most circumstances, how and with whom their information will be shared. There are circumstances where the law allows Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd. to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent. These include protecting vital interests of an individual/service user or other person and conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights.
Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd. regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to successful working, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.
Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd. intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly. To this end, we will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Specifically, personal information:
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified above.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purposes
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information.
Intelligent Structural Solutions will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- Ensure the quality of information used
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised. These include:
The right of access to one’s personal information
The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad
- Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
4. Data collection
Informed consent is when:
- An Individual/Service User clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data
- And then gives their consent.
Intelligent Structural Solutions Ltd. will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data, we will ensure that the Individual/Service User clearly understands why the information is needed
5. Data Storage
Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required for insurance purposes and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is the responsibility of Intelligent Structural Solution Ltd. to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy
All Individuals/Service Users have the right to access the information Intelligent Structural Solution Ltd. holds about them. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- Everyone using personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone using personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- We deal promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- We regularly review and audit the way we hold, manage and use personal information
- All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes in law.
In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact the Company Director, Andrew Marlor, who is responsible for Data Protection.